Monday, January 25, 2010

The Truth Will Set You Free

I felt like I'd just woken up from a deep sleep...that I'd been in slumber from the hard truth...

1 to 2 years ago, I allowed myself to believe that a person I knew would sweep me off my feet, declare his undying love for me and would be my knight in shining armour and save me from the drudgery of life...

Friends told me otherwise but I refused to accept what they thought.

I refused to see the truth because I was afraid of the pain and loneliness I would feel if what they said was true...So I allowed myself to live in a delusion.

But God is too kind and loving to leave us in our delusions. Many times He tried to show me that this guy was not right for me but I refused to recognize God's voice and guidance.

But God never gave up on me. He continued to use close friends to tell me that this guy did not love me. God was indeed extremely faithful and kind to me...He protected and strengthened my heart and faith before I finally found out (the hard way) that this person did not love me.

I started to see the truth and I made a choice to believe it, instead of hiding from the pain. The pain didn't last forever...and I am free! The only thing I pray for is that I will never again wallow in such delusion, will heal wholly and can help others avoid the same pitfall I fell into.

No comments:

Post a Comment