Monday, May 10, 2010

When you are feeling confused and anxious...

Prayer does wonders.

The Bible says that when we are worried, we should be grateful for what we do have and ask God for what we need and we will be filled with an extraordinary, settling peace(Philippians 4:6-7).

I tried praying this when I felt really confused and anxious recently about my future life partner.

"My strength does not come from me…but it comes from you O God.

I am weak in the area of trusting you with my future boyfriend and husband. How much he will love me, whether he will stay with me, whether he is deserving of me.

I am afraid that I will be betrayed, I am afraid that he may leave me. I am afraid that I may make the painful mistake of falling in love with the wrong person. And finding out too late that he never was truly in love with me.

How can I walk away from these fears? How can I walk ahead and forward in faith?

Because I know that You will protect me Lord. I know that my life is in your Hands.

I too will love whoever you choose for me. I will stay with him, be deserving of him. I will not betray him, I will not leave him. I will not pretend to be in love with him if I am not.

Because you said that in everything we must do unto others as we want done unto us. (Matt 7:12). In Jesus Name, Amen."

And I felt peace. A settling peace. It enabled me to move on from that place of confusion and anxiety, eventhough nothing in my circumstances changed.

I thank God for prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment